By Sarah S. / HempHelps.org
Historically, Hemp was regularly used for foods around the world in dishes like soups, porridges, and gruels. Today, Hemp is hitting the main stream as a super food that is utilized in salads, yogurts, breads, smoothies, protein balls, and so much more! Hemp is a food that you can really get creative with, but more importantly, it provides amazing nutrition for the mind and body.
Here are 5 reasons why you should incorporate Hemp into your everyday diet:
- Hemp is a high quality source of protein that is highly digestible. The better a protein digests, the more efficiently it will be used by the body and not be wasted.
- Hemp has an ideal balance (3:1) of Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids. This is essential for all systems of the body to function normally, including your skin, respiratory system, circulatory system, brain, and other vital organs.
- Hemp contains all 20 essential amino acids, as well as the 9 essential amino acids that our bodies do not produce naturally. Amino acids are building blocks of protein and enzymes, which are key for human growth and development.
- Hemp is high in insoluble dietary fiber that supports a healthier digestive system.
- Hemp is naturally gluten free and lactose free.
Do your mind and body a favor and eat Hemp!